Monday, August 10, 2009

i grew my wings and flew away

i slowly got up after i sat for a period of long time.
i brushed my swollen puffy red eyes, and smeered the snot that
hunged from the bottom of my nose accross my face.
i started to get cold again, and managed to find my bed that was
half way done.
i usualy perfected my bed to where a quarter hits the ceiling, but i guess
today wasn't the day.
i asked my self why i put myself in certain sitaution where i knew that id end up being screwed.
i thumbled for my journal, and reread all those "love" notes that i written, and realized that it was just another cliche.
was it real? or was it truly down there in side of my heart?
i didn't know, so i twore the pages and got my lighter. i opened the creaky old rusted window from my room. and i had a lighter in one hand and then my ripped up paper from my journal.
i lite the paper on fire, and slowly watched it burn.
it fascinated me how the words disseapered and turned to a huge mudgy black smudge.
it was my favorite smell though. the smell of burnt paper. it reminded me of thanksgiving, where during that time you could smell the smoke of leaves being burnt.
then i looked outside and said to myself.
no more.
no more
no more
i got my coat, laid on my bed. i got all my clothes and packed in my suit case,
it was time, it was time for me to leave and explore
i don't know what it is that i am to explore
but its something.
so i grew some wings and flew with my suitcase in my hand
and followed the sun.

No comments: